Quick Links

Monday 20 June 2016

Melting Baofeng Charger


Good Grief!

After charging one of my UV-5R batteries I noticed this! 😨

Look at the state of that!
There's a hole on this side! 


Notice the small but alarming melt marks on either side of the dock?!
The charger also gave off a strange chemical smell?!
Something must have gotten hot!
I have not had the time to investigate and track down the rogue component yet but for now it's DOA

When I complained to the Amazon seller they were quick to respond and were very helpful. They promised to send out another within the next 7 days so a big thumbs up there.

After searching online for other instances of melting it appears that it is not a known fault with these chargers which is reassuring. I'd hate to think that this could happen again and perhaps catch fire? Who knows?


I shall be keeping an eye on the new one when it arrives!