Quick Links

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Baofeng Speaker Mic Review


Can this £3 Speaker Mic do the business?


Landing on my doorstep today is my much awaited after market Speaker Mic to accompany my Baofeng UV-5R radio.  Costing only £3.30 and including free shipping I'm amazed at how cheap this was.
Coming direct from Shenzen in China this item has taken roughly two weeks to arrive.  It was well packaged and arrived in perfect condition.

I'm going to be brief with this review just because there really isn't that much to talk about.

Vendor: Amazon UK
Price: £3.30 + free shipping
Description: Baofeng Speaker Mic with transmit LED light and multi position clip.


Good Points:
Positive PTT button click
Good length of cable
Nice transmit light
Ear piece/Headphone jack plug
Great multi function clip


Bad Points:
Really tight fit when connecting to radio
Speaker quality is less than startling
Mine has something rattling around inside?!



Rating:  ✅✅✅✅4 out of 5
Really for £3 what was I expecting? Its cheap both in price and build quality but it works. it does exactly what I wanted it to do. The speaker is tinny and the mic hole is too small and offset from where it should. I think that's whats causing the lack of volume and clarity when transmitting? Anyway, that said it's still a good and serviceable accessory. The multi position clip is fantastic.
Worth £3