Quick Links

Sunday 19 June 2016

Masterdarts Vincent Van Der Voort 26g Review

Discontinued bargain hits the high numbers



Despite ignoring these Darts in the clearance section of Darts Corner for months, I decided to pull the trigger and buy some before they finally sold out.

Vendor: Darts Corner
Price: £15 reduced from £30
Description: Vincent Van Der Voort 26g Darts, 90% Tungsten barrels
What's in the Box?: Darts, medium nylon stems and VVDV standard flights


A leap into the dark

Buying these Darts was indeed a trip into the unknown on two counts. The first being that these would be the first Master Darts I had owned and I wasn't sure of their quality and secondly the difference in weight in comparison to what I usually throw. (21g/22g/23g) these were 26g and at first I had visions of me struggling to even get them to the board! lol

First Impressions
Firstly I noticed the packaging was different to the photo posted in the DC product listing. I'm presuming the one I have is a slightly newer design although I'm only guessing. Another feature on the packaging was the phrase "The World's Fastest Player" which although not a deal breaker, calls into question the claim and the disregard of the famous Richie Gardner from yesteryear. (I always thought he was a fast player?) lol

 These were available in 22/24 and 26g variations


Secondly my eyes were drawn to the actual Barrels, the meat, the thing I spent the money on. They look stunning. The engraving is great and the feel and grip is really good. The grip bytheway is around 3 I would say. Not too grippy and not too slippy.
Along with the Darts of course is the standard ensemble of cheap stem and flight combo in a cheap storage case. I would have quite happily bought them 'Barrels only' if that was the case so I consider these extras to be a bonus.
The stems are medium length in the style of the Unicorn gripper with reasonable grip of the flight. Nothing to shout about.
The Vincent signature flights are light weight and perform OK.

First throw
It hasn't taken long to get used to the weight difference. They fly well and seem stable during flight when using my regular short setup. (This could be down to the extra weight) 
The Darts sit nice in the hand and throwing is confident and comfortable. Not bad at all

Conclusion
These are a nice Dart for £15. You could do a lot worse . sadly though they are only available in 26g - that said I wouldn't let that put you off if you fancy a punt at a decent Dart. They feel comfortable and composed. The 3g weight increase has not made a difference to my game. Recommended to the masses

Rating:  ✅✅✅✅ 4 out of 5
High quality, nicely finished and at £15 a absolute bargain. A potential collector's set.