Quick Links

Monday 3 August 2015

Maginon (Aldi) Wi-Fi Repeater Review

Aldi Gizmo is a clear winner!
Price: £5 reduced from £20
Vendor: Aldi supermarkets
Description: Plug in Wi-Fi repeater +Client+ Access point
What's in the Box? : 1x Plug in device, 1x Patch cable RJ45, instructions

Always on the lookout for a Bargain, I stumbled across this curious item in the local Aldi stealable items cabinets. The marked price had been reduced quite heavily from £20 to a fiver!

Wi-Fi Repeater what's that then?

This natty little number will happily relay your Wi-Fi radio signals to places in your house,office where there is a poor signal. Genius! I thought.
I do suffer from lame reception when I'm sat outside the house so this could be the best fiver I spent in quite a while. I read through the instructions and fired it up.
Immediately my signal gage increased on my tablet, from around 3 bars to 5 straight.

I have not tried the device on Client or Access point mode due to the fact I can't be hard wired into it with my tablet but I shall be connecting  via a PC or laptop at some point.
Overall then a working useful bit of kit for £5  this month