Quick Links

Friday 7 August 2015

AA Mini Air Compressor

AA gadget Blows Cheapies Outta Sight!

Price: £9.99 (varies)
Vendor: Spar. (Petrol Station)
Description: 12V Mini Air Compressor/Tyre Inflater (depending which packaging you get) 3 meter power cable and an internal LED light.
What's in the Box: Main unit, 2 x Adapters for Football's and Air Beds etc.

Frustrated with having to keep popping to the local Tesco to top up my tyres with air  (I'm sure I have a slow puncture?) I wanted a quick and easy home solution . I wasn't expecting a Pocket sized solution!
Having filled up at a service station I saw these on their "crappy gadgets which are normally overpriced" stand for £9.99. Deciding to take a chance on the the purchase and took it home.
Unboxing revealed a small sized square main unit with the Valve attachment tucked neatly into the body.  The main 12V fag lighter power lead was baled up outside the device. This measures roughly 3 Metres which is dead handy as I have come unstuck with shorter cables in the past.
Along with the unit comes a little bag with a couple of Adapters for blowing up foortballs (spike/needle tip) and one for blowing up inflatable beds, chairs paddling pools (tube shaped)

The overall look of the device is smart and compact. The no  nonsence switches, nicely hidden hose and handy LED torch add a practical element to the model.
As for the performance, I managed to blow up a Space Hopper from flat in under 90 seconds which I thought was good. I don't have a leaky car Tyre just now but I will update this post as the issue arises.

Having spoken to a few people and tried a few cheapo compressors, it seems this little beggar steals the show in terms of performance and being compact in design. A terrific little pocket sized tool!