Quick Links

Saturday 19 November 2016

Pofung and the lexicon of nonsense

I remember finding a small advertisement card hidden amongst the goodies of the Pofung GT-1 box. I paid no attention to this flyer at first, mearly flicking it across the room like a beer mat.

Time had passed as I came across this card again whilst I was fumbling for something that had gotten stuck behind the TV.
I read the card on both sides and shook my head..


The first side (above) explains the Baofeng company timeline where they rebranded. First of all they were called Baofeng, then a little later they changed their name to Baofeng? and lastly in 2014 the name changed to Pofung.
It doesn't make a great deal of sense considering Baofeng branded stuff is still on sale. Or is it that Pofung is the high end version of Baofeng much like what a Range Rover is to Land Rover? Or I could be buying old Baofeng stock from two years ago! I have seen stuff with the logo of Baofeng/Pofung together.
I have wasted too much time thinking on this.....next

What on earth?


On the reverse side of the Baofeng timeline is this arty collection of words cunningly shaped as a radio. It looks quite nice although some of the words are odd

Dual Band, Multi-language, Ham, Scan, IP67, Portal, Hot Sale. GT-1, Two Way Radio, Fresh Start, driving, 2014 Global Pofung, Vehicle,  Mobile, Emisora, GT-3, Keyboard, UV5R+Plus, Display, Quanzhou, Storage, CW, Light, Berlin, Morse Code, New Beginning, Marconi, Programmable, Frequency, DTMF, Analogue, Wide Range, Antenna, Police, FCC, UV-82L, BF-888S, State-of-the-art, Voice help, Back packer, Channels, Portable, Amateur, Fungerat, Rio de Janeiro, FM, UV-5R, Joseph Fourier, New York, Anti-Terrorism, Two million users, Transmit, Ambition, Travelling, CTCSS/DCS, Emergency


(I highlighted words that seem the most irrelevant)

It made me chuckle...