Quick Links

Sunday 27 November 2016

Flashlight foolery on a foggy night..


Currently it's as foggy as a fart around Manchester and has been all day.
Its freezing cold, visibility through the fog is around 20ft and it all looks a bit eerie.
It was time to wheel out some high powered illumination and take advantage of the conditions.

As its so cold outside I won't mess about trying each and every torch I own, just my laser 303 and Excelvan UV will do.

Laser 303  - 50-70mW green laser





A short range shot straight into the bushes. All of my laser 303's are visible outside at night but shining them in the fog seems to fill in the gaps which are often seen along the beam.



Here on the long range test is the familiar green light sabre, this time much more defined. The photos don't do it any justice, the effect was actually quite stunning - but perhaps alarming to the unsuspecting dog walkers!



Excelvan/Floureon - UV/blue




The high powered Excelvan/Floureon flashlight really comes to life in the fog. The photo above shows the focus set it it's widest.
The UV light looked particularly eerie in the fog



The photo above shows a half way focus beam.  This beam was ultra visible for quite some distance.


And finally the Floureon was set to narrow focus. Much like the laser 303 I felt I was holding a huge light sabre. In normal conditions the Floureon does project a beam but it's never as intense looking as now. Much of the Floureons power is down to the 3x 18650 lithium batteries inside.
I really enjoyed testing this torch in the fog, waving it about I managed to Dazzler some poor sod walking his dogs. He said he thought the aliens had landed?! I said I'd have some of what he'd been smoking!


Unfortunately the photos were really crap and dont truly capture what was going on there. Nevermind.