Quick Links

Friday 23 December 2016

Latest Hilltop Repeater Tests


Just this week I managed to seize the opportunity and sit for a few minutes on the top of Rishworth Moor roughly around 1250ft ASL. Rishworth Moor straddles the West Yorkshire/Greater Manchester border on the West Pennine moors. The Llandudno repeater is situated on the top of the Great Orme hill on the coast of North Wales.
I was hoping the elevated height of my radio might bare some fruit when attempting to open a few of the far off repeaters.

Thankfully on this occasion I was able to open the Llandudno repeater GB3LL which works out at roughly 81 miles away.
Unfortunately the repeater wasn't very busy and I heard no one but I could definitely get in there none-the-less.
The radio was running the standard rubber duck antenna with 5W power.




I'm quite impressed



More testing over the Christmas holidays I suspect!