Quick Links

Thursday 15 September 2016

Fake LED LENSER update



The Fake LED LENSER Saga - Update 

Following on from my Fake LENSER P7.2 review Click Here  I have an update of sorts.


Death of the P7.2 Torch....
Not long after writing my P7.2 review a catastrophic event took place within the torch. The supposedly genuine Duracell AAA's leaked all over the place, causing nasty alkaline solution to soak the battery module and clicky switch.
Despite removing the offending batteries and cleaning up the contacts, the P7.2 never came on again....😥
It's dead....nothing more to say
I'm glad I didn't pay any more for this crappy rip-off when I bid for it.

Negative Feedback And A Tale Of Despair...
Understandably I was a little annoyed when I discovered that the torch was dead.
As I hadn't yet left any feedback on eBay I thought I would tell the truth and Shame the devil as they say.
Words like "Don't buy your P7 from these guys. Serial numbers checked with Lenser UK. Confirmed as non-genuine" - or something like that.
Nothing derogatory just the truth and a warning to anyone thinking of buying one. Exactly what the ebay feedback button is for.

A couple of days passed and I get an email from the seller clearly upset about the comments I had left.
I say "Seller" but in actual fact the sender of the email claimed to be an employee of the seller and flogging these torches was their job?
Here is what they said...


"Hello,why you still give us negative feedback,this is very bad to me,I am just the customer service,this may affect my work,I gave you 50% refund as we agree on.and you keep the items,.
Is there anything you can help me change the negative feedback,how about I refund another 5GBP to you,Now I am just going to lost my job now,:("


Firstly, why would this guy get fired for selling his bosses stock fake or otherwise? that doesn't happen and if it does then maybe this guy should consider a career move.

Secondly, fobbing me off with another £5 refund is an insult considering the bloody torch is knackered now. Oh I still get to keep the P3 which came bundled with it but thats only worth between £10-£15 on its own. I'm still a little out of pocket.
I haven't given up yet.

I think the seller is upset that his fake gear has been rumbled.
Aww what a shame!