Quick Links

Saturday 28 January 2017

More goodies from behind the Iron Curtain





Cold War Crap

New Stock Update

Yes, stock..I'm actually selling gas masks for a small profit now - it's surprising how many people want one. 
My latest Cold War acquisitions are the fantastic MUA masks.
I did a review on this mask a couple of weeks ago  Polish MUA gas mask review
This time I've just bought a few more Polish MUA's - the older version with the black plastic voice diaphragm.
I heard that these masks were getting a little thin in the ground  so buying a couple more now would save some hassle later when I realise I wanted some more and can't get them. (possibly)



The two MUA masks and the haversack cost a grand total of £10.00 with free courier shipping! Once again I'm astonished at how the seller can make any money on this deal when you factor in the cost of a courier. ....I'm not complaining!

Both masks arrived in almost perfect unissued condition with only the usual storage talc present inside the face piece. 
The first thing I generally check with my new masks with the quality of the glass eye pieces. 
I'm glad to say that all four eye pieces on both masks were in immaculate condition without a single scratch of any kind.
These have come straight from the crate no question.

The Haversack is once again a really nice free gift. As before on a previous order it was only the mask that was ordered and nothing else. 
For the seller to add this is a nice extra considering most surplus stores will charge separately for the bags.

Both masks seem to be from the same 1980 batch

Both of these MUA masks are dated 1980 and look to be from the same batch - perhaps more evidence that these were pulled straight from the crate by the seller.
The zinc coated metal work on the eye piece frames and inhale/exhale assembly is in excellent condition with only a minor tarnish on one of the masks.
The latex style rubber hoods are in great shape with only superficial discoloured marks.

The free bag is nice

I'm expecting these to sell quite quickly due to the near perfect condition.
Once again another fantastic deal from  bea27storee .
This guy takes some beating!


More new acquisitions next week!....