Quick Links

Thursday 2 March 2017

Cold War Crap - Stock Update

Cold War Crap - Update


New Stock - March Mask Madness!



 What lies beneath the green canvas? 

Not so long ago I did a review on the rather amazing Soviet IP-5 Rebreather system. -  Scuba diving without the bubbles etc
To see the original IP-5 review Click Here

Anyway, over the past week or so the seller who I bought mine from has lowered the price of the IP-5 from a tenner to £7.25 which represents a ridiculously good bargain. (It was a bargain before the price drop!)

I thought I might buy another to sell and make a small profit.


He still looks happy

So I paid my £7.25 + £5.99 postage and waited patiently all this week for it to arrive.
This afternoon comes a knock at the door. The parcel woman is stood there with two parcels. Two parcels? I only thought there would be one? Oh well.


I opened both parcels to find two IP-5's instead of just one. I couldn't quite believe it!.
I have no idea what was going on there. The seller only billed me for one unit so I guess this is a freebie!

 Two for the price of one can't be bad!

Both of the IP-5's were in new and unissued condition. Still having the thin layer of protective talc on them. And both had the correct haversacks and fixings with them.

 Biege Breathing Bladder - 1986 edition

Both of these kits have beige coloured breathing bladders and waterproof inner bags. My other IP-5 is more of an olive green colour. I quite like the beige.

Both of these rebreathers are dated 1986 whereas my green version is a 1985.

Still one of my favourite masks

I checked both the kits for any kind of defect (none were found) and everything was in order.
I'm still unsure as to why I got a second kit but I'm certainly not complaining. £3.12 per unit is unbelievable.

The seller is clearly as mad as a March Hare!

Im as happy as a Sandboy....



Soviet IP-5 £7.25 + £5.99 Shipping